Wi-Fi has become the support system of our lives and thankfully we have access to this network everywhere. Technically our support system is not Wi-Fi but internet and this technology is like oxygen for internet. Phone network internet is really slow to be used for media streaming, gaming, and other heavy networking usage but this fantastic technology has got our back. So, what happens when you cannot access the WIFI network on your notebook?
If Lenovo notebook is not communicating with the WIFI network, there can be several reasons about it. Lenovo Technical Support shares two of the most common issues and their solution:
Method 1: Reset auto tuning and TCP/IP Stack
• Go to the Windows Start menu and type Command Prompt. Now click on the right button of your mouse on the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
• Now type the command in the appearing black window: NETSH INT IP RESET C:RESTLOG.TXT
• Hit Enter
• Again type the command NETSH INT TCP SET HEURISTICS DISABLED and press Enter
• Next, command for NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL AUTOTUNINGLEVEL=DISABLED and Enter
• Command NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL RSS=ENABLED and press Enter
Method 2: Wi-Fi power option
• Go to the Windows button and find out Network and Sharing Center
• Choose the option for Wi-Fi network in the window, this will open the Wi-Fi Status screen.
• Now, go to the Properties button and it will open another window.
• Now, in the Wi-Fi Properties window, click on Configure.
• Here you will find Power Management tab, uncheck the options and click OK.
We all need a solid Wi-Fi connection and here is the way to do it. If none of the method didn’t work for you or unable to complete the process, call us directly on our Lenovo Laptop Support Number 1-800-752-629 or you can also chat with our engineers through live chat service. You can trust us as we are serving the customers for years now with developed professionals.